Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Song Of The Day: Superwoman Alicia Keys

This morning I was having a conversation that lead me to Superwoman. We all know the many scenario's that we as woman have to put that S on our chest. We do it daily and we have been doing it for years. I'm not male bashing cause I'm not that kind of lady, but I will say; we can do it, with or without you. The choice is yours. As women and mothers we fight for whats best for our children and we fight to give the best of the best. Its sad to say that our men fall short of helping us meet this goal of the best.

Everywhere I'm turning Nothing seems complete
I stand up and I'm searching For the better part of me
I hang my head from sorrow state of humanity
I wear it on my shoulders, Gotta find the strength in me


I grew up in a single parent home, well for the most part. Dad disappeared at 9 and my mother raised me and my brother solo. I love my mom she was my first example of Superwoman, she did everything she could for me and my brother not once did we go without. She has always worked 2 jobs my whole life to support me and my brother and for that I love and respect her. I myself am "daddy" to my little girl. I am the only daddy she has every known and the only one she will know. I stepped up to the plate when she was 3 and became that "father" figure in her life. No I'm not a man but she knows (as a father would) I take care of business.


Cause I am a Superwoman
 Yes I am Yes she is
Even when I'm a mess; I still put on a vest
With an S on my chest
Oh yes I'm a Superwoman

 So to all the Superwomen out there this is to you! We gone make it do what it do!


No comments: