Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Pink Friday!!!!!!

When I first  heard of Nicki Minaj back in 2009, I was very skeptical of her talent. The claim to Barbie immediatly put me off. The very 1st song I heard her on was Gucc Mane's Five Star Chick, I found myself turning the radio up when her part came on, and I would get upset if I turned and her part had already past. Still, I wasn't ready to jump on her bandwagon just yet, the whole Barbie thing I still wasn't feeling. It wasn't even her claim to Barbie that was upsetting it was the throngs of girls (and guys) on my twitter page claim to Barbie Nation. Everybody wanted to be a damn Barbie!

Nicki kept being featured on everybody's tracks from Lil Wayne to Robin Thicke to Trey Songz. I began to realize that I really did like Nicki's music, she's like a lyrical beast. Then she came out with her own two songs and I was right there singing them word for word and I still was not ready to say I was a fan.

Pink Friday came out and I was excited to hear the album and when I did, I was hooked! This girl has mad skills and I'm no longer hiding in the background not giving her her props. On every track she is killing um with the lyrics! I love the way she does characters by changing her voice, this plays into her unique style and makes it great. I love Nicki Minaj, she is the truth!

As for this Lil' Kim and Nicki Minaj battle of the Barbie, Lil' Kim needs to give it up, her time has passed. As Nicki says in Roman's Revenge "If you ain't shitting then get off the pot". Lil Kim haven't put anything out in years, and she's to far gone to even attempt a comeback. Sorry Lil' Kim but WE DONT CARE!

*signed*

Nicki Minaj Fan

1 comment:

Bombshell Bella said...

interesting take on Nicki... I am more impressed with her features than with her own music..but I'll admit I'm still hesitate to say I'm a fan...she is a beast when she gives into the lyrical personality though.