Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2009

My Music: Song of the Day Kenny Lattimore For You

The Wedding Song
Today watching the music channel this song came on. Instantly I had flashbacks of weddings that I have attended. Its classic and such a beautiful song I see why people love having it played at their weddings. Finding the person you want to spend the rest of your life with standing in front of the alter all starry eyed. I assume its a magical moment. 

For you I'd make a promise of fidelity, now and for eternity
No one could replace this vow
For you I'd take your hand and heart and everything and add to them a
wedding ring
'Cause this life is no good alone, since we've become one you're all I know
And if this feeling should leave I'd die and here's why
All I am is for you

Barf!!!!  I believe in love but this song just keeps me in a fairytale... The verse above, hmmm really? "For you I'd make a promise of fidelity..." That line alone is, is... *something*. Maybe I'm just being bitter cause I haven't been so lucky in love but most marriages end in divorce anyway. I will tell you that the divorce rate is down though....guess why? Because of the recession! People have no choice but to stay together in loveless marriages. I would go quote stats but we all know its true. 


By all means, enjoy the song though, it is beautiful......

No comments: