Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My Music: Beyonce as Etta James "I'd Rather Go Blind"

We all know Beyonce is not the best actress in the world but in Cadillac Records she did exceptionally well in the role of Etta James. Being in the music industry im sure she was able to put the more believable spin on her performance. I feel in love with the song I'd Rather Go Blind and the scene to go along with it in the move. No, I haven't listened to the Etta James version and I give her all the credit due for the song but I didn't grown up during her era and this was my first time hearing it. I remember turning the part back over and over again. I can relate to the words in the song now, but then I just love the emotion Beyonce was able to put behind the song. I felt the love she had for him and I was put right there in the moment with her. Watch.

No comments: