Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My Music:Song Of The Day Heather Headley In My Mind

I was watching re-runs of The Game on BET. The Sabers were away at the championship game, Derwin was injured and couldn't attend. His girl Janay attended the game of course, she couldn't miss out on the glitz and glam of being a Sabers' girlfriend. Melanie and her boyfriend at the time were hosting a Sabers Game Day Party. Derwin was out shopping (on crutches) and Melanie ran out to get some more salsa for the party. They meet in the store for the first time since Melanie chopped her hair off. In the background played In My Mind softly as they talked. The very next scene Melanie is at Derwin's door he opens it and they began kissing passionately In My Mind is playing loud now as they make out.
In my mind, I'll always be his lady.
In my mind, I'll always be his girl.
Melanie and Derwin were both in relationship with other people. Im sure in those moments of that kiss, they felt like they still belonged right there in that place. It didn't take long though for reality to set in when Melanie's cellphone goes off the ringtone for her significant other. It made me think that there are alot of things in our minds but the reality of the situation is totally opposite. We can dream though can't we? Heather Headley - In My Mind (Official Music Video) - A funny movie is a click away

No comments: