Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2009

My Journey: The Move

Oct. 4th I packed up my car and I headed north. I have always wanted to be successful and I was at a dead end in my present life. I graduated high school when I was 17, I started college and got my Associates Degree in Business. My first job was at a KFC and I have been able to work my way up the corporate ladder and that I have always been proud of. Each job better with a better pay.
The 6months leading up to that day I felt lost with no one to turn to. This was the first time in my life where I didn't feel like I was making progress. If anything, I was beginning to settle for mediocrity and that is not me. I was beginning to be satisfied with being miserable. I had in my mind that things would get better or work themselves out. For any "go getta" in life, you know this is not the case.
I began to see why people never achieve their goals in life. I'm an emotional person and if I continued down that road, my emotions would have overcome me. Flash Forward I saw myself 45yrs old still in my mother's house. My only company the cat Goldie, just like a lil old lady. (I'm watching Flash Forward lol)
I don't want to be that person who had so much potential in life and let it slip away, I'm NOT going to be that person. A month later and things are looking up. I am progressing like I have been all my life. It feels good to be back on the right path. I don't know about anyone else but failure is not an option for me.

2 comments:

KellyC said...

GOOD for you!!!!! You've got more guts than I do!!! I would never leave my city and try and start a new life somewhere else!!! I'd have to be in LOVE w/ a guy or idk!!! You got more balls than I do thats for sure! YEAAAAA!!! for you!!!

MsKitty said...

Thank u ma, i needed a change and this was the only way i could see that things could change and they did ;-)