Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Late Mother's Day

Mother’s Day was last Sunday, but I’m just getting back into the blog thing so I had to do a Mother’s Day post; if for no one else but myself.


I never gave birth to a child but I have my baby girl who I love and she calls me mommy. I’m no longer with her, 2 states away and Mother’s Day doesn’t mean what it use to for me. I did my usual Sunday activities of lazing around with the significance of the day lingering in the back of my mind. 11am and I still hadn’t heard from my baby girl but I wasn’t sweating it too much. I’m learning to expect very little from that situation these days. I stopped feeling semi sorry for myself and took myself out to dinner and did a lil’ shopping.

I went to Chill’s and had a great meal and a couple margaritas. I had the Cajun Penne Pasta on the menu, simply to die for! I love pasta hold the meat! I had a regular margarita the 1st time around but my 2nd one was the Blue Patron Margarita! Yummy to my tummy! I enjoyed myself and at 7pm headed home, still no word from baby girl.

Finally around 8pm I got that phone call from the little girl who lights up my life. So full of joy she said Happy Mother’s Day and the smile I had been waiting on all day was there. I talked to for her a little while and let her go to play. I love that little girl like my own and she will always have that special place in my heart.

My BabyGirl and her Mother

No comments: